Monday, February 20, 2012

Feel Free to Respond

So...just so we're clear, while I know several folks who haven't visited yet, if any of you have, it wasn't my intention that this place should be a soapbox, monologue sort of deal.  I had a pretty profound discussion with a couple of you folks yesterday and I thought it was pretty refreshing.  Feel free to bring that same sort of thing around here.  I know some of these topics may not interest you at all, and some of them are just plain depressing, but if you have *anything* even marginally noteworthy to add, please feel free. 

On the other hand, if I simply have yet to discuss anything of interest to you, that's cool.  Stick around.  Even a monkey with a typewriter supposedly has a good day on occasion. 

Kelvar

P.S. Thanks and Kudos to Sylvia for being the first to follow this.  I have some questions about your most recent post on your own blog with my favorite frog pirate.   
P.P.S. Is there any way to set this thing up so that "fully justified" is the default setting?  It seems like every time I post I have to edit so that I can clean that shit up.  Failure to fully justify one's margins signals to me that you simply don't care.  Of course, that's just my opinion and personal pet peeve.

4 comments:

  1. There is a not-entirely-but-almost-simple brief guide to making justified text the default here: http://amacyus.blogspot.com/2008/05/make-blogger-text-justified.html . I don't have a Blogger account as far as I recall, so can't test it.

    By the by, as someone with occasional interest in submitting pieces for publication I have discovered that editors demand nonjustified (or ragged) text. Which is a little odd, as it all ends up justified for publication, but apparently the sight of that straight right edge sends them into paroxysms of Hulk-like rage. Trivia of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, Paul, because that's sort of how I feel about *non*justified text. I've seen attorneys submit crap like that as official documents and it makes me want to puke.

    Interesting.

    And YAY to Paul for being the first to respond to *anything* here. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're going to leap on me like a Sumo wrestler for saying this, but I don't mind unjustified text. Maybe it's the freewheelin' artist in me. My margins just don't wanna be fenced in, man.

    And why should my right margins have to justify themselves to you, anyway? WHO MADE YOU GOD?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you calling me a "Leftist"?

      Maybe it is just the Soldier in me, but I can't stand that "Devil May Care" unjustified, patchouli-smelling, hair in the eyes, skinny-jeaned...wait, what were we talking about?

      Delete