Sunday, January 29, 2012

What is Urban Exploration? Here are some examples.

In my ongoing experiment to see what I can do here, I thought I'd share this:

And a couple more...

These are pictures taken by various Urban Explorers, all of whom are personally unknown to me.  (I do not claim any legal right to these pictures and they remain the full property of thier original owners.  If these are yours and you don't want me to share them, just ask me to take them down and I will.  Alternatively, tell me who you are and I will give you full acknowledgement for your work).

Please carefully examine each one.  If they don't make you feel...something, then you probably won't get why I'm so fascinated by UE.  I can get pretty philosophical about them all (and I shall), but I don't know whether what I call philosophy is simly shallow pretention.  *shrug*  Anyway, I like them and they make me feel a way I can't describe.  They just scratch a certain itch I cannot otherwise scratch. 

I'll talk more about them (and others) in the future, but I wanted to give you guys a sense of what I'm talking about.  I sort of wish I myself could do some UE, and perhaps I can, but I have a certain fear of the breaking the law (even for something as minor as Trespassing Fourth) that I have a great reluctance.  Meanwhile, I appreciate the efforts of the intrepid folks who took the effort to seek out these places and share them with the world--who otherwise might not have gotten a glimpse.  Which I would consider a real loss.

Kelvar

No comments:

Post a Comment